Thursday, April 20, 2006

Guerlain - Silver Radiant Quad



Introduction
This is a quad from Guerlain Christmas 2004 Midnight Diamond collection.

Packaging
The casing is very unique, it has the same design of their Divinora blush but is in black color instead of gold. A layer of glass are on top of the black metal design and make the black metal shine like a semi-precious stone.

Texture
This quad consist of a cream eyeshadow in black with glitter, a cream highlighter in white/gold with multi-colored glitter, a lipstick and a lipgloss.

Price
RM165.

Review
When I saw the casing from the picture on the net, I know I must have it. It has 2 color, Silver Radiant and Gold Radiant. I've got the one in Silver Radiant. The black cream shadow is the exciting part of the quad. When it is new, it has a irridescent chunks of glitter in midnight blue on top layer. I'm so sad that the glitters are only a layer on top because they are so beautiful. They all gone when the shadow has been swiped. The cream shadow is a little greasy but great for lining and shading. I'm disappointed that the cream shadow appears just as black on skin, no glitter. The highlighter is very beautiful with big chunks of multi-colored glitter. It reminds me of fish scales! Although Guerlain said it is for cheeks but I use it as eye shadow to highlight the brow bone.
The gloss is nice, just like their gloss duo and non-sticky but the lipstick is a bit disappointed. It is a very pale pink that washes me out if I wear it alone. But i think the color combination of the lips and eyes does match each other. Imagine I'm doing a smokey eyes with the black then my lips of cause has to be pale. Overall the price is not justify for the quality of the product inside but I'm keeping it because of the packaging!

No comments: