Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Guerlain - Terracotta Sun Elixir 01 Ultimate Gold




Introduction
The full name of this product is Guerlain Sun Elixir Tan Magnifier . It was being released as limited edition item for Summer 2007.
Packaging
I have to crown Guerlain as the most innovative brand in packaging. This is one of the most unique packaging from Guerlain. It has a sponge attached to the cap. The powder is stored at the bottom of the round shape container and being dispensed to the surface after being shaked and stick to the sponge. You don't need to worry about powder flying everywhere with this.
Texture
Slightly scented with Guerlain signature scent. Powder is ultra fine and pigmented.
Price
RM189.
Review
Guerlain always surprises me with their creative ideas and packaging. This product is amazing. There are 2 colors being released, 01 Ultimate Gold and 02 Ultimate Copper. I got Ultimate Gold as I think it suits my fair skintone better. I'm amazed by the fineness of the powder. The particle is so fine that it feels like pure pigment on my skin. Despict of the name Ultimate Gold, I didn't see any gold color on my skin. It reflects silver with hints of bronze on where the light hits and looks coral gold on certain angle.

I use it as an eye shadow and it is very beautiful! It can be used as highlighter too but since it is ultra shimmery so a little goes a long way.Somehow I feel the powder contains a bit of moisture and makes it stays on my lids without flying all over my face. I guess the name 'Elixir' make some sense. It gives the perfect summer look. Although the design with a sponge is nice but I find it not very practical. The sponge is too big and since the powder is quite pigmented, I couldn't apply the powder directly to my face with the sponge. It will be very overdo but i would feel pampered to use it on my body.

No comments: