Monday, March 06, 2006

Chanel - Coromandels De Chanel




Introduction:
This is a limited edition star product from Chanel for fall 2005.

Packaging:
Comes in black acrylic square shape mirror compact with Chanel's signature velvet pouch. It also comes with a sponge tip applicator. The packaging is nice as usual but Chanel has been using the same packaging for years and I'm getting a little boring with it. I think Chanel seriously need to start planning of changing their packaging because there are a lot of Chanel imitation products in the market like eBay.

Texture:
The powders are a little coarse and the charcoal black is powdery, quite pigmented. It is scentless.

Price:
RM186.00, 14g/0.49oz Net Wt. Made in Italy.

* A little expensive compares to Chanel's pass season limited edition palette but I still think they worth the price.

Review:
This is the queen of all the Chanel's star products. I know I must have it when I saw the picture before it came out. It is just too beautiful to use! The flower imprint is made by laser but unfortunately the gold powders on the flowers are just the top layer and will disappear once you swipe over it. So I have to be very careful only pick up the black powder on blank area. The shimmery gold on the yellow parts also just the top layer.
This product could be used on eyes & cheek. The coral red makes a great blush but my blush brush really has a hard time on picking up the powder without touching the yellow & black powder. The black color is good for lining but need to use wet.
Overall, this product is quite versatile but I could live without it. I bought it just for the special imprint.

No comments: