Saturday, March 18, 2006

Shu Uemura - Rouge Dessert Strawberry Souffle


Introduction:
This is a limited edition palette by Shu Uemura for Christmas 2004.

Packaging:
It comes in a mirrored silver square palette which holds 2 eye shadows and 1 Glow on blush. I like the standardisation of Shu's products. A Glow on blush is double size of the eye shadow so actually you could customize your own palette by putting in 2 eye shadows + 1 blush, 4 eye shadows or 2 blushes. I found the palette is a bit hard to open.

Texture:
The 2 eye shadows are from the Pearl (P) formula which appear a little coarse because of the pearl powder in it. The white powder does drop all over the face. The pink one has a finer texture and it is sheer.

The Glow on blush has a fine texture and quite pigmented.

Price:
Unknown as I got it from L'oreal warehouse sales but I'm sure it is definitely cheaper then buying 2 shadows and 1 blush separately. 10g.

Review:
From the 1st glance, this palette does not appeal to me at all. The color combination is a shimmery white, a iridescent cool pink eye shadows and a warm peach blush. I really doubt that why Shu pairs a warm tone blush with 2 cool tone eye shadows.
The shimmery white e/s is great as base and highlight. The iridescent pink e/s actually reflect some purple seen. It is surprisingly beautiful when the iridescent pink pairs with the white e/s. Shu does has his own reason to come out with this kind of combination! I use MAC Sweet Sage fluidline to line, the white in the front corner and pink all over the crease and it is beautiful.
However I still couldn't pull off the warm blush on me. It just doesn't compliment my olive NC30 skin tone.

No comments: