Monday, March 06, 2006

Giorgio Armani - Collector's Palette 2005



Introduction:
This is a limited edition palette from Giorgio Armani that was released in year 2005. Consist of 4 eye shadows and 2 lipcolors.

Packaging:
Packaged in Giorgio Armani's signature black color. This palette has 2 layers which holds 4 eye shaodws on top and 2 lip colors at the bottom layer. The compact is round with mirror inside. It has the same size with their blushes and compact powder. Stylish and elegant are what I could say about this. It is very handy to be carried around. This palette also comes with a chiffon pouch.

Texture:
Eye shadows: the powder is ultra fine and very silky however it is quite sheer and need to layer on a lot for more intense look.

Lip colors: scentless & smooth.

Price:
RM299.00, 4x0.6g, 2x0.6ml. Made in Spain.

*GA's limited edition items are way overpriced in Malaysia. I got this from Hong Kong and they are only selling at HKD440 (RM218).

Review:
The 4 eye shadows are shimmery beige, dark blue, sea blue and pale blue. These 3 blue colors are very unique and so far I haven't come across any similar shade yet. I'm a bit disappointed with the dark blue because it is very sheer when applied. I have to pile on tons of layer to get it to show up. It is impossible to use as liner. The sea blue and pale blue are very beautiful, especially the sea blue. I like to use the pale blue at the front corner of the eyes, beige to highlight brow bone, dark blue and sea blue at crease and line my lower lid with sea blue.
All these blue combination gives a mistery look to the eyes when used together.

The 2 lipcolor is a shimmery warm pale brown and matte cool pink. The 2 lip colors compliments the eye shadows when use together. I like the matte cool pink lipcolor although it wash me out a little but it looks gorgeous when I do smokey eyes with all the blues. The shimmery pale brown is less solid and could be used as gloss.

The quantity of the eye shadows and lip colors is very tiny. They would be finished soon if you used it everyday. I'd prefer the 2 lip colors being replaced by blush like their new Bronze Mania palette & the latest Hollywood 2006 (I got it on the way. Yeah!)

No comments: